How do I Add an FTP account ?
An FTP account creates a folder on the public_html level of your site that allows external users that know the password to upload and download files from that location. Change your password if you think that your account is being used incorrectly.
Note: Please be aware that all users with the correct password will be able to add, edit, and delete files from the directory that you specify for the FTP account, and any directories within the stated directory.
To add an FTP account:
1. Click on the Ftp Manager button on the home page.
2. Click on the FTP Accounts link.
3. Click on the Add Account link.
4. Enter the name of the FTP account in the Login field and the password for the account in the Password field.
5. Enter the path to the directory to which this FTP account has access.
Warning: If you enter the top-level of the web site by entering a slash (/), all users with the correct password will be able to add, edit, and delete all files on your site. It is advisable to limit an FTP account to a smaller section of your web site.
6. Click on the Create button.
Was this answer helpful?
Deleting an FTP account is as simple as creating as creating the account. Deleting the account...
How To Use CuteFTP For FTP File Transfers Are you're new to FTP and wondering how to...
No, for security purpose we do not support anonymous FTP.
FTP stands for File Transfer Protocol. It is the standard manner by which files are transferred...
It is a good idea to regularly change your password. You should always change your password if...
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution